October 07, 2009

Today (which has technically past) was pretty rough. Evan started having seizures this morning and they just kept coming and coming. They were Simple Partial seizures and we couldn't see any movement or twitching except for in one of them. He never lost consciousness and was able to tell us when they started and stopped and we tallied 19 seizures in break-neck speed. After the seizures stopped he moved onto several bouts of tunnel vision (possibly seizures or maybe a toxic reaction to medication) and vomiting.

So we are heading up to NYU Hospital tomorrow morning and Evan will be checked in for a Video EEG for a few days of monitoring. We are bringing Aria with us on this trip and it'll be nice to have her there with us -- we gave her the choice to come with us and she wanted to go. It might be hard for her to be at the hospital for that long but I think it's even harder to be at home waiting for information with an overactive imagination.

I'll try to post every day while we're in NY to keep everyone up-to-date. We leave the house in six hours so I guess I should head to bed!

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh Lisa - it goes without saying that you're all in my thoughts and prayers. Give Evan a big hug for me (and have Rob give you one too).
Much love, Kristin

Debbie Gardner said...

We're thinking of you guys and wishing for better days ahead! I can stay with family in NY if you want some extra hands - I can take Aria to some museums, whatever...please don't hesitate to call: 703-869-8854.

Unknown said...

Lord please heal Evan. Hang in there Lisa, Rob and Aria. All of you are in my prayers.

Mama Lisa said...

Thanks everyone! Evan is in good spirits and everything is weighing more heavily on us than him -- I guess that's the way it's supposed to be!

Lisa