After we got all the paperwork together to get Vigabatrin sent to us, it took me three days to fax all the info to the pharmacy in Canada. This is the side of me that I truly dislike--the procrastinator. In this case it was a mix of procrastination and dread though. I guess I still had a mental block to get over. It's a huge thing to decide to put your child on a medication that could leave him with permanent vision impairment and even after Rob and I made the decision to go with this drug, my heart just isn't in it. I believe we are making the right decision, it's just hard to believe that something that sounds so wrong is now the right decision.
I also spoke with the pharmacist in Canada and he seemed very nice. We got a smaller amount of the drug than what Dr. Pearl prescribed because we don't want a 6 month supply of the stuff in case it doesn't work, especially since it's not cheap and not covered by insurance. We requested enough tablets for about 2 1/2 months and we should see some results within a month if Vigabatrin is going to have any positive effects on Evan's seizures. If this works we'll be equal parts elated and terrified!